Implant Dentistry in Round Lake, Volo, Wauconda, Lakemoor, and Mundelein.
Missing one or more teeth? About to get a tooth extracted and wondering what your options are? Dental implants are a great, long-lasting solution for anyone who has lost, or is about to lose, teeth due to disease, decay, or injury. They also look and feel just like your natural teeth! Our experienced dentist is happy to discuss your case to see if you would benefit from implant dentistry.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
Implant dentistry is a proven method of replacing missing teeth with many benefits, such as how they…
- Match the appearance of your other teeth
- Function like natural teeth so you can eat, brush, and floss normally
- Can last a lifetime with proper care
- Help you retain the shape of your face and smile
- Allow you to speak without the mumbling or slurring sometimes caused by dentures
- Leave more of your nearby teeth intact than bridges
- Prevent nearby teeth from moving into gaps
- Preserve tooth-supporting bone and prevent bone deterioration
- Stay in place so there’s no worrying about them falling out or having to reposition them.
What is the procedure?
During the implant placement procedure, we insert a small, screw-shaped titanium post into your jawbone and allow the two to fuse together to create a solid foundation. We then attach a tooth-like crown to the top that matches your natural teeth to finish the procedure. We also provide restoration services so that you can keep your implants in their best shape to last you year after year.
What is denture stabilization?
If you are missing most of your teeth, dentures may be the best solution for you, but we can actually still use implants to stabilize your dentures and keep them in place. You don’t have to suffer with ill-fitting, uncomfortable dentures any longer!
The Cedar Lake Dental team is ready to answer any questions you might have about this procedure. If after a consultation, it has been decided that dental implants are right for you, we will create an individualized treatment plan and guide you through it step-by-step.